This position is responsible for processing secondary market mortgages, including preparation of the file for underwriting, and preparation of required disclosures.
Summary of Job Duties:
- Provide mortgage lender support by assisting clients with the mortgage loan application process.
- Prepare mortgage loan disclosures and closing documents for all mortgage loans, and conduct loan closings if needed.
- Provide flexibility to step into other positions you are qualified for in the Mortgage Department to cover for vacations, absences, turnover, workload, etc.
- Provide proactive, outstanding internal/external customer service.
- Know and comply with bank laws and regulations as it pertains to Mortgage Lending and this position.
- Actively identify client needs and refer clients with potential needs (e.g. homeowner insurance, checking account, etc.) to the appropriate employee who can help fulfill those needs.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of two years banking experience in loan documentation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer aptitude with a background in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Discreet and professional with confidential information.
- Efficiency, accuracy, reliability, organization, flexibility are important.
- Self-starter with willingness to learn and the ability to work independently with minimal instruction.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong figure aptitude
- Basic knowledge of banking operations.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to develop and maintain a cooperative and harmonious relationship with a variety of people. Team player.
- Ability to provide accurate, high quality work. Detail oriented.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At First State Bank and Trust diversity is embraced and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, identity, creed, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time