United Bankers’ Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Credit Analyst in our Lending department. This individual will analyze financial information to evaluate degree of risk of more complicated commercial loans and prepare recommendations for our loan committee, assuming responsibility for the preparation and coordination of credit file information.
- Analyzes financial statements; studies and evaluates the information and prepares written reports for the Lender and/or Loan Committee.
- Monitors the existing portfolio through credit review.
- Reviews loan applications and analyzes credit information to make a general assessment of customer’s creditworthiness.
- Conducts in-depth review of balance sheet and profit and loss statements presented by applicants for large commercial loans or lines of credit, and uses computer spreadsheet software for evaluation.
- Analyzes appraisals of real estate to determine if the bank is adequately collateralized.
- Assesses liquidity, quality of management, market position and overall business climate to estimate future profitability of business.
- Assigns risk rating to individual credits.
- Completes financial ticklers and uploads financial information into Sageworks.
- Assists Loan Operations in setting up and managing multiple loan participations.
- Monitors payment practices to protect the bank from bad debt losses.
- Serves as support to participating bank customers through an understanding of credit and providing information when necessary.
- Serves as a role model and assists other Credit Analysts with their development.
- Develops strong relationships with customer bank Lenders allowing for good communication and discussion of credits.
- Understands UBB’s credit standards and utilizes our loan policy while reviewing loan packages submitted.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or similar
- 5 – 8 years of banking experience with a minimum of 5 years working as an Analyst on commercial loans
- Jack Henry and Sageworks experience preferred
- Accuracy, excellent communication skills and confidentiality
- Technical aptitude
- Problem solving and presentation skills
To view a summary of our superior benefits package and apply for this position, please visit our Careers page at https://www.ubb.com/about-us/careers.
Based in Bloomington, MN, United Bankers’ Bank is a highly successful and growing banker’s bank that was originally chartered in 1975. Today, United Bankers’ Bank has over $900MM in assets and has grown into one of the largest correspondent banks in the upper Midwest and Pacific Northwest area. The 1,000-plus customer banks we serve stretch across 14 states. Our motto, “First for Your Success,” reflects the importance UBB places on helping our customers and our employees succeed.
United Bankers’ Bank is an EEO/AA employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.