The United Bankers’ Bank Lending team works with community banks on Participation Loans, Bank Stock Financing and Fed Funds Lines of Credit. We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Credit Officer to manage and direct the efforts of our Commercial Lenders to achieve and maintain high asset quality and reasonable growth in our portfolio while meeting legitimate client needs for credit and assistance in loan participations.
- Provides consultation and advice to Commercial Lenders on the disposition of loan opportunities presented by client banks, guidance on administration of credits, negotiation of terms, and resolution of difficulties.
- Measures and manages lender workloads and individual lender contributions to profit and overhead, providing performance feedback as required.
- Measures and manages the loan pipeline, and progress toward departmental loan growth target.
- Encourages a lending culture in which customer service and loan growth and the need for uncompromised asset quality balance each other.
- Measures and manages loan concentration limits for various loan types to achieve portfolio balance and to manage risk from concentrations in a particular loan category.
- Determines and maintains the weekly fixed rate pricing guidelines for commercial loans.
- Chairs the UBB loan committee in the absence of the Chief Credit Officer. Co-approve, with the Chief Credit Officer, loans exceeding individual loan officer authority but below the approval threshold of the Loan Committee.
- Assists the Chief Credit Officer and the Credit Administration Manager in discussions with regulators concerning individual credits and general practices. Assists in the formulation of credit policy.
- Assists the Chief Credit Officer in presentations to the UBB Board of Directors.
- Represents the loan department at various events and in client interactions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in credit analysis, bank lending, loan review and/or compliance experience
- 5+ years of experience managing people, processes and the financial performance of a department
- Thorough knowledge of commercial credit analysis, commercial loan structure, commercial loan documentation, relevant business law and banking regulations
- Up to 15% travel may be required.
To view a summary of our superior benefits package and apply for this position, please visit our Careers page at https://www.ubb.com/about-us/careers.
Based in Bloomington, MN, United Bankers’ Bank is a highly successful and growing banker’s bank that was originally chartered in 1975. Today, United Bankers’ Bank has over $900MM in assets and has grown into one of the largest correspondent banks in the upper Midwest and Pacific Northwest area. The 1,000-plus customer banks we serve stretch across 14 states. Our motto, “First for Your Success,” reflects the importance UBB places on helping our customers and our employees succeed.
United Bankers’ Bank is an EEO/AA employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.