Are you looking to join a growing and successful company that puts a significant emphasis on innovation and forward thinking? Do you value ongoing professional development? Do you want to join a company with a strong and storied reputation of integrity, strong community support and amazing customer service?
The Bank of Elk River is seeking a self-starter with excellent time management skills to join our team as a Human Resources Generalist. The HR Generalist will play a critical role in supporting the areas of staffing, compensation, payroll, benefits and employee relations. This position serves an instrumental role in implementing new and impactful Human Resources programs and processes for The Bank of Elk River.
We have a long history of investing in our employees through competitive pay and attractive benefit programs. We also offer training and development opportunities that give our employees the skills and knowledge they need to succeed. We help our employees invest in their future through The Bank of Elk River’s Employee Stock Ownership Plan. This allows our employees the opportunity to take part in the bank’s success and because each employee has the opportunity to be a stockholder, it drives a sense of ownership among our staff.
How Will You Make a Difference?
- Serve as a primary day to day HR contact. Provide HR support and advice on a range of HR related matters to include hiring of employees, policies and other employee relations issues.
- Build solid relationships with staff at all levels. Advise Managers on effective coaching and counseling and assists with conflict resolution documentation and delivery of corrective action.
- Serve as the lead Recruiter and manage the recruitment process including interviewing, hiring, and applicant processing. Develops, integrates, and compiles diversity strategies, goals and reports.
- Utilize superior project management skills while working closely with the Director of HR on a variety of HR initiatives such as compensation, benefits, payroll and business analytics.
- Partner with Human Resources Director to oversee and enforce human resources policies, programs, and practices. Ensures compliance with federal, state and local labor laws. Maintain employee files and related record keeping of personnel data, job descriptions, I-9 records, drug/background screening results, medical and leave information.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working within a fast paced, professional and team oriented HR environment.
- BA or BS degree majoring in Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development or Human Resources; or Certification in Human Resource Management through a PHR/SPHR accredited educational program or professional organization.
- Strong knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines to include federal and state labor laws, wage and hour regulations, employee relations, recruitment, and benefits and compensation administration.
- Must be well organized, dependable and team oriented with the ability to prioritize, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and work effectively with all departments.
- Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills.
- Please visit our website for further information and to download/submit an employment application.