The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the Bank, the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Bank’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and reporting standards.
- Results: Ultimately responsible for ensuring accounting operations are effectively and efficiently executed, are aligned with our Client Service Standards and that policies and procedures are adequate and followed by all. Ensures accounts payable are paid and reconciliations, including correspondent bank accounts, are accurate and completed in a timely manner. Prepares monthly general ledger reconciliations, ensuring all balance sheet accounts have been reconciled. May perform monthly yield analyses for investments, loans, and deposits. Responsible for the accuracy of budgeting relative to the bank-wide achievement of growth and profitability objectives and for the achievement of efficiency objectives.
- Leadership, Management & Accountability (LMA): Leads, manages and holds accounting staff accountable for achieving agreed-upon commitments and demonstrating a One Team mentality. Dependably demonstrates a relentless obsession with values alignment, customer service, focus, simplicity and clarity. Maintains a strong leadership presence, motivating staff and building commitment to the Bank’s priorities and direction.
- Accounting: Oversees the Bank’s accounting function, including policies and procedures, applying strong financial controls and ensuring adherence to accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (US GAAP). Directs the maintenance of the Bank’s general ledger system, accounts payable and receivable, budgeting and forecasting, and financial reporting. Ensures the timely preparation of corporate tax returns and may assist other members of the Finance team in coordinating and completing the independent valuation of the company.
- Reporting: Issues timely and accurate financial statements. Prepares monthly and quarterly financial reports for staff, management and the Board of Directors. Responsible for the preparation and/or review of the quarterly FFIEC Call Report and transmits after final approval by the CFO. Manages the production of the annual budget and forecasts. Calculates variances in the budget and reports significant issues to CFO and senior management. Provides financial analyses as needed for capital, pricing, and contract negotiations.
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, Get Stuff Done (G.S.D.), One Team, and
- Demonstrated commitment to timely, defect free and caring customer service
- A professional who builds solid relationships based on integrity and trust
- Focused on coaching and developing others
- Strong delegator; gets day-to-day work done through teams
- Able to hold others accountable for their actions
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and persistent in following through
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaborative work style and respect for others
- Expert accounting and banking industry policies, procedures, and regulations as related to the
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer
Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their
position at the bank.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with emphasis on accounting, business, or finance; 7-10 years’ experience in accounting and/or 3-5 years’ experience working in financial institutions; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Local travel is expected for this position.
Tradition Capital Bank offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefit package, and generous community giving program. If you are interested in this position, please contact our Human Resources Department by phone (952) 806-6718 or email: email@example.com