CorTrust Bank in Blaine, MN, is looking for a rock star Commercial Banking Officer to join our growing Twin Cities market. If you have five+ years of experience in commercial lending and a knack for building relationships, we want to talk to you! You’ll get to work for a family-owned community bank that values local decision-making and treats you like a real person, not a number. If you have a proven track record of generating new customers in the business community and this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
Responsible for accomplishing management’s marketing objectives of attracting new business and expanding current Bank relationships. Develops and implements solicitation programs to attract new customers in the business community. Create and maintain close relationships with all parties involved in commercial transactions and help facilitate sales through the structuring of creative and appealing loan and deposit products.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and retains commercial business, meeting with prospects and customers.
- Gathers related financial and general business information, performs financial analyses needed to make credit decisions, presents to and participates in committee credit decisions and communicates with prospects and customers to close sales.
- Continues developing growing network of outside referral sources for new business.
- Make referrals for Credit Cards, Loans, Wealth Management, CorTrust Mortgage and CorInsurance.
- Ensures that work is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Establishes priorities and prepares sales call plans.
- Documents calls and makes regular call reports to supervisor.
- Reviews lists, records, newspapers, etc., for business development leads.
- Cooperates with other areas of the Bank in making and receiving internal referrals.
- Represents the Bank at various civic and community functions to enhance its image and develop new business.
- Assists in products and service development to ensure customer satisfaction and Bank profitability. Recommends upgrades, elimination or future development of under-performing products and services and development of introduction of new products and services when necessary.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field or equivalent experience.
- Five years of banking experience in commercial lending.
- Strong consultative sales skills.
- Excellent communications skills, (written, verbal, listening).
- Detailed oriented and well organized.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and produce results.
- Creative/innovative problem solver.
- Self-motivated in taking initiative.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
Apply online here
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.