Kensington Bank is growing and we are looking for an experienced Commercial Banker with 3 to 5 years of commercial lending experience to join our Willmar location.
As a Commercial Banker you will responsible for managing an individual portfolio of loans, as well as for generating new loan and deposit volume for the bank.
Commercial Loan Portfolio:
- Responsible for generating loans within guidelines set by bank policy and growth targets. This will include interviewing the customer, fully completing the loan application, analyzing, structuring, and closing loans in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all aspects of loan origination. This includes underwriting the loan within credit policy and personal credit approval limits.
- Manage and service a loan portfolio which will consist of bank assigned loans as well as self-generated loans. Management of the portfolio includes monitoring trends in credit quality, collecting current documentation, prompt credit decision making (within authority guidelines), making required site inspections and managing the profitability of the portfolio.
- Collection of delinquent (past due) loans and handle workout loans as assigned.
- Perform annual reviews on commercial loan accounts. Responsible for collecting current documentation, analyzing cash flows and collateral and overall loan reviews. Report to supervisor all material changes and trends in the loan portfolio.
Business Development and Sales
- Responsible for expanding existing customer relationships. This will be accomplished through understanding the relationship opportunities for existing customers and soliciting additional bank products.
- Negotiate rates and terms of loans and deposits with customers and management within set guidelines.
- Responsible for site inspections on current and prospective customers.
- Must help attract prospects to the bank. Again, this will be accomplished through participation in community events and through the bank’s sales calling effort. This person will identify prospects and make assigned calls as appropriate.
- Cross-sell customers to other banking services. This may include deposit products and any other product that may suit the customer.
- Active involvement in community and civic organizations, as appropriate, as a representative of the bank.
- Obtain knowledge and maintain confidence regarding government lending programs (SBA, FSA).
- As part of the overall team, this position may be requested to assist in the support of other bank activities.
EDUCATION AND PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS
- A four year degree in business administration or equivalent experience.
- Three to Five years of commercial lending experience in a community bank.
- Knowledge of commercial loan analysis and processes.
- Available to travel as business needs require.
- This job requires skills needed in a typical office environment. This includes computer skills, communications skills, as well as utilization of office equipment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. For more information on Kensington Bank, visit our website at: www.kensingtonbanks.com
Email resume to: email@example.com
Kensington Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.