The Branch Manager position oversees the daily functions and operations of the branch with primary emphasis on business and consumer lending activity, deposit activity, customer service activity and advocacy of CorTrust Bank within the community. Establishes and promotes collaboration and among all lines of CorTrust financial services to profitably deliver high quality customer service.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees opening and closing procedures and maintains knowledge and enforcement of security policies and procedures.
• Supervises vault operations and procedures, and teller services.
• Handles customer situations in support of teller efforts and counsel customers with special needs or requests.
• Prospects and develops new banking relationships.
• Evaluates loan applications by confirming credit worthiness. Prepares and presents recommendations to Loan Committee.
• Participates in community activities for generating new business such as sales calls and special events.
• Reviews and distributes monthly branch reports as appropriate.
• Ensures branch compliance with banking regulations.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Experience: Combination of education and experience to meet required core competencies and responsibilities of the position. Strong credit skills are essential.
• Leadership: Demonstrates strategic agility and vision, champions changes, exercises sound judgement, seeks to mentor and develop subordinates, serves as community ambassador and advocate for CorTrust mission and perseveres in the face of adversity.
• Communication: Effectively conveys thoughts, ideas and information clearly and concisely to various audiences to achieve desired results.
• Results Oriented: Possesses strong understanding of financial services regulatory, economic, and political environments. Possesses and continues to develop job specific knowledge, skills and abilities commensurate with organizational role. Effectively draws upon understanding, knowledge, skills and abilities to achieve established goals and direction, respond to change, and successfully achieve results.
• Personal Effectiveness: Understands CorTrust’s business and role as an individual contributor. Engages in continual introspection, self-improvement, learning and development. Adapts readily to change. Conducts daily business with high level of integrity, and humility. Adept in use of personal diplomacy, influence, and fostering a culture of mutual respect.
• Risk Management: Understands key areas of inherent business risks. Is able to identify risk exposure, examine appropriate levels of risk tolerance against reward and implement and validate effective controls to mitigate risks. Ensures compliance with banking regulations, maintains working knowledge of CorTrust policies, procedures and security requirements.