Purpose of the position:
Provide day-to-day leadership, coaching and development of the Retail staff. To manage the bank compliance program, the teller department, and the customer service/TM support staff, as well as the consumer portfolio. Represent the bank with the local community and neighborhood organizations.
- Directly supervise the retail staff (tellers and customer service representatives) in order to meet the financial services needs of customers in our market.
- Monitor overdrawn checking accounts, decision daily exception items (OD/NSF), contact customers as needed.
- Make certain customer service/treasury management support staff is properly trained with respect to product knowledge, set-up, and servicing.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Bank’s lending and credit policies, answers customer questions as appropriate; take loan applications; fully underwrite consumer loan applications.
- Review HMDA reporting prior to submission by lending assistants.
- Perform annual review of consumer Home Equity Line of Credits and Personal Lines of Credit.
- Handle all charge-offs, judgments, and other legal action required for all consumer customers.
- Understand Retail Operations including Debit/ATM and Credit Card Programs.
- Maintain a Consumer Loan and Deposit Portfolio.
- Fiserv System Administrator and attend Fiserv user group meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Act as the Compliance Officer. Act as the backup Bank Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering (BSA/AML) officer.
- Review all compliance policies and procedures for bank on a daily, monthly, and annual basis for compliance and board review based on required schedules. Including, but not limited to BSA/AML, Privacy, and other regulations in place and new regulations and acts that pertain to ongoing compliance for the Institution.
- Provide any assistance, documentation or other duties necessary with regard to state and federal examinations on a required basis.
- Provide compliance related training to all bank and trust staff as required.
- Review activity through various core system generated reports and customer activity through the tellers to determine if a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) needs to be filed. File SAR through the BSA e-Filing website if warranted.
- Review all cash transaction reports, review and validate Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR).
- Keep informed of regulatory changes through various resources such as the ABA, ICBA, MBA, ICBM, compliance peer groups, and seminars.
- Act as administrator for Compliance One software.
- Monitor and review all High Risk Deposit Accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or experience commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with Compliance and/or BSA/AML.
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Ability to research regulatory changes and implement processes to ensure compliance.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Compliance One
- First Data
Please send resume to Jane Baird at email@example.com