The position of Administrative and Marketing Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to bank officers; coordinates functions, meetings, and special events; maintains office supplies; participates in advertising and marketing activities; maintains and regularly updates bank website; coordinates social media activities; greets visitors and answers the telephone; receives and distributes mail and correspondence; gathers data and compiles various reports for management; photocopies materials; maintains files; issues correspondence; provides assistance to personal banking department; assists with various human resources functions; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal banking regulations.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or three years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of administrative and marketing duties, preferably with a financial institution background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be financial, marketing, or human resources related.
- Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
- Sound background in general office administration practices.
- Skills in operating telephone switchboard equipment and a pleasant speaking voice.
- Courteous social skills to welcome visitors in a business environment.
- Proficient skills in personal computer operation, including but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet and graphic software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Basic math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
- Current Minnesota driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
Qualified applicants may email resume and cover letter to Tom Mork at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to:
Att’n: Tom Mork
9725 163rd St. W.
Lakeville, MN 55044
Lakeview Bank is an equal opportunity employer.