United Bankers’ Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Analyst with our Information Technology team. This individual will strategically design, implement and support BI systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. They will select, blueprint, gather requirements, design, and roll out BI solutions to end users.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, and other stakeholders.
- Develop an understanding of each department’s role within the company; maintain an advanced knowledge of their needs to remain competitive
- Create and implement a data management strategy, including data governance policies, for achieving and maintaining high data quality.
- Evaluate and recommend database/data warehouse components, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools, and database design solutions.
- Research and analyze areas of interest to the company which will allow the company to gain a competitive advantage.
- Ensure that new systems, applications, and data integration measures adhere to existing data management practices, policies, and procedures.
- Identify and ensure the resolution of data quality issues.
- Lead the integration efforts for merging BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Develop the semantic layer, metadata, reports, and report definitions.
- Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI front-end applications.
- Produce ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support and escalation for end users as necessary.
- Continually identify intelligence needs of departments through one-on-one communications of key employees.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of trends affecting the banking industry.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred
- 6 to 8 years relevant experience in lieu of degree considered
- Minimum 2 years of direct experience in Business Intelligence
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and design experience, with full knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling
- Experience with tier-one applications, databases, and data warehouses, such as MS SQL Server
- Experience with MS Power BI Desktop
- Demonstrated ability with MS Windows operating systems
- Demonstrated ability with SSIS or Scribe Insight ETL tools
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build front-end BI presentations according to specifications
- DBA experience preferred
- Knowledge of R scripting and Power Query Formula language preferred
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
To view a summary of our superior benefits package and apply for this position, please visit our Careers page at https://www.ubb.com/about-us/careers.
Based in Bloomington, MN, United Bankers’ Bank is a highly successful and growing banker’s bank that was originally chartered in 1975. Today, United Bankers’ Bank has over $900MM in assets and has grown into one of the largest correspondent banks in the upper Midwest and Pacific Northwest area. The 1,000-plus customer banks we serve stretch across 14 states. Our motto, “First for Your Success,” reflects the importance UBB places on helping our customers and our employees succeed.
United Bankers’ Bank is an EEO/AA employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.